… hardly anyone else will do it.
I have always been a fan of giving myself rewards – after an exam well passed, a critical phase managed, an exhausting conference survived, a successful conversation I had put off for too long, … you get the picture. I choose what I might need a reward for. 🙂
With rewards, I do not mean big things. Actually, some of the rewards I appreciate most might seem banal. Be that as it may, I love earning them.
Here is a list of my current rewards:
– taking a hot bubble bath with candles
– binge watching a series without a bad conscience
– making an appointment for a pedicure
– going to bed at 9 while it is not yet dark
– sunbathing by the lake without checking the time
– cooking my favourite “pasta al forno“ dish, and adding extra cream
– ignoring my messages for a day
– indulging myself in the bookstore = buying lots of good summer reads
– buying beautiful flowers for myself, or a cute bracelet
I do not know if you have ever considered rewarding yourself? 😍🌞🌸🌈 What are your favourite rewards?
I do hope you have a great day, and find some time for yourself, do yourself something good. Indulge. Yolo, as my students would say.