I usually do not write updates.. but well, I thought WHY NOT? So this is my first try. Be kind, please. 😉
After our awesome/ much-too-short honeymoon, everyday life grabbed us fiercely. I mean, you come into your flat after more than three weeks and it is as if the morning after everything shouted at us to take action.
Unpack! Do the laundry! Clean the cat litter! Go to the supermarket! Hover the flat! Clean the bathrooms! Change the sheets! Water the plants! Cut off dead ends on them! Bring the suitcases in the basement! Call your parents! Open the goddamn post! Answer your emails!
Ugh. I hate that. Fortunately, my husband is good at being deaf regarding those things called obligations… so we had a few nice days off, doing what is most necessary, yet still enjoying home. 🙂
What I enjoyed most?
– Sleeping in my own bed, on my own pillow I share with one cat, to the sounds of Austria
– drinking really good coffee with milk foam on the balcony (initially twice a day 🙂 )
– having traditional breakfast: boiled egg, bread rolls, butter, cheese, …. hmmmmm!
– riding our bikes through our city, having ice cream by the lake side, watching OTHER people on vacation while we know this is our home
– our hike on the mountain in our backyard and the silence in the woods
– seeing friends I had missed
– one day of obsessive housewifing – no kidding. Taking care of our flat is kind of rewarding (as is listening to silly music loudly while doing so)
– watching our cats. I could do this forever.
– having time to tune in, to listen to my own voice (since my husband is back at work, and I am on summer break…)
What I did not miss, and work hard on not letting in:
– the feeling that I have to be “productive” and do something sensible with my days (why, I ask myself, if binge watching or binge reading or organizing our photos makes me so happy?)
– other people’s drama
This last list seem short to you? It may seem short to me, too, yet strangely I feel every day it is more than enough to keep me busy:
I learn to be kind to myself and do what feels good without me judging myself but encouraging me to listen. Focussing on myself, on being positive and mindful and doing things I love with people I appreciate.
Well, as far as updates go, this seems abundant. 🙂 I am in the mood for office decluttering today… hope you find something in tune with your energy, too! Let me know what you are “working on” changing… ?